Friday, August 26, 2011

All moved in!

Hello readers! Sorry I've been away from my blog for a while, I've been busy moving in and getting acquainted with my new home. Even though it's only been a week, I haven't really noticed much of a difference, I'm not terribly homesick but I do miss my boyfriend like crazy. We've been talking everyday which helps us feel closer. We have also reached 9 months together! Hooray!



I used photos from a 2010 black and white Paris calendar.
As for living on my own things are going well. I am very pleased with my roommates which is something not everyone can say I'm sure. Although we haven't been living together for very long, I hope for the best this year. On the plus side I hardly ever have to use the dishwasher since I find myself using very little dishes at that. If anything I wash them by hand as soon as I'm done using them.


Regarding my room I like the way it looks now but it does seem a bit bland. Like I mentioned before decorating and interior design is not my thing. It does look a bit cluttered and could be neater if I move things around more and add more color but I am content with it. It reminds me of a hotel almost, just one that I can stay in every night.


At first our living room was so bland but one of my roommates family were very generous and bought us a few throw pillows, a lamp, and a television stand that included a tv. I also brought a family coffee table from home so it looks more inviting now. Hopefully as the year goes on I will learn more tips & tricks as how to decorate my room but as for now it will probably stay as is.

I am enjoying living on my own and I am also very pleased with my classes. This time it is more career focused and I can definitely say that Hospitality is my calling. I look forward to learning new things about life in general and working towards my next goal which is getting a job to pay off these expenses. Wish me luck!

Best of luck to you too readers, with whatever goal you may be aiming to achieve.

-- Mags