Sunday, July 10, 2011

Intro

Greetings readers!

First off let me thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm new to the blogging world and since I'm getting ready to move out for the first time next month I figured this would be a good way to document my journey as well as to keep family and friends updated while I'm away.

I'm currently a student at the University of Central Florida, having transferred from Santa Fe College in Gainesville. Being that I am a transfer student and have had some insight into the college life, I have yet to experience university life. While away I do plan to continue to stay dedicated to my studies, but I also plan to get more involved as well. I met many great people at my previous school but considering it's small size, I found it difficult to get involved. Now that I can focus on getting my Bachelor's degree in Hospitality management, I now see the importance of school spirit and involvement. I've finally achieved my dream of attending a university and now that I'm here I intend to make the best of my experience here, in a responsible manner that is.

The events, classes, parties and people will be a lot for me to take in and I hope to find a balance between it all. I'm both eager and nervous to venture out on my own but I want to go enter this experience with a positive attitude and an open mind. I've learned that anything can happen in life, but what's important is what I learn from it all.

Stay tuned fellow readers.

Mags