Friday, July 22, 2011

Boxes & Movies

Now that I've got my room assignment (and roommates) I've been getting an early start on my shopping. I've been focusing on the basics, mainly stuff like sheets, pots and pans, laundry bags, and all that good stuff. My room is starting to look a bit disheveled now with a trash bag next to my bed full of paper scraps, shopping bags full of stuff that I've bought, and boxes filled with the things I want to take. There are many things like most of my bedroom furniture that will have to be given away because my parents have no room to store it. I've enjoyed my spacious room for the time being and I accept that it's time to move on.

One of my biggest challenges so far, that seems fairly easy though is getting my hands on some boxes to pack my belongings. It makes no sense for me to buy boxes when I'm only going to use them one time and they'll most likely get trashed one way or another. I've been searching craigslist for free boxes and have tried to see if any local stores are giving any away but so far no luck. But I am hopeful. :)

Beside my worries over moving out, I also have to consider how to de-stress. I occasionally watch my Bravo reality television shows but if there's one thing I've found as an escape from the stresses of daily life it's sitting in my room and watching movies. I enjoy both modern and old movies because I like to escape and get caught up in a plot. My boyfriend has a ton of 80's horror flicks, most of which I haven't seen yet so I always have something new to watch thanks to him. There is no particular movie or genre that I call my favorite but there are a handful of films that I could watch repeatedly like the glamorous gals of Sex & the City and the magical Harry Potter films.

What about you fellow readers, what sort of things do you enjoy doing to unwind?

-- Mags